The Y is helping all children reach their full potential by supporting their unique youth development journeys. At more than 1,000 YMCA sites nationwide, kids are engaged in year-round STEAM activities that nurture their curiosity, inspire creativity and teach them how to succeed.
Kids who participate in STEAM activities:
- Learn how to solve problems
- Develop critical-thinking skills
- Become comfortable with failure and trying again
- Learn to work successfully in teams
- Develop self-confidence
- Are able to see themselves in STEAM careers